Monday, April 30, 2012

Butter!

A cold weekend but, very Springlike and getting warmer.

Found a new Blog site and was inspired:   
 Eating From the Ground Up   or http://www.eatingfromthegroundup.com/

 Eating from the ground up is kept by Alana who also has a new book,
"The Homemade Pantry"  
that I am looking forward to reading. 

A blog entry of hers inspired us this weekend!

We get raw milk from a local dairy and this weekend we made butter. Mmmmmmm!  


With the buttermilk, a product of the process we made pancakes! Mmmmmmmmmmm!
We also ran into a possible Chicken connection while at the dairy.  Soooooo, today I will be putting some finishing touches on the coop I built last summer.  Then I have to figure out where to put it????


While picking up the milk we got a Lilac.  
I don't have a real strong need to buy and plant things we can't eat, but my wife appreciates pretty and smelly things, (not to be confused with pretty smelly things, like me after digging holes to plant new trees)
I planted one of my apple saplings that I started from seed.
 The Little apple is on the north side of the low garden and will someday not only give fruit, I hope, but a nice bit of privacy from the road.
more non edible, but pretty flowers, (Flocks).
Mother's Days is a few weeks away and that is the date that is said to be safe to plant in this region.  In this age of new weather patterns every year it is always a guess, but then agriculture is based on faith, hope and educated guess work isn't it.  Trial and error as well I suppose.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment