Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tree house?

At the highest point of the property, and the most western point I have built a deck/platform, ten feet by ten feet.  Upon it I have put a tent.  It is a place I go in the morning to watch the sun rise up over the trees and to enjoy the view of our place.
The view from the deck that I am calling "sunrise deck"
The hens tend to come and gather under and around the platform while I am up there.  They scratch for bugs.  The deck is higher than the top of the house and is surrounded by trees, so much so that it feels like a tree house.  The front of the platform is about three and a half feet off the ground and the back is a foot off.  It's a pretty steep section of land.
The deck is made from the doug fir boards I scavenged a while back and I still have some left.  The posts are all pressure treated and on rock footing.
I am looking forward to spending a night in the tent but haven't gotten to yet.  So far the platform is a great place for a bit of morning meditation, and coffee!
I have found that the more I improve our place, the less inclined I am to leave it to travel, which is a bit of a conundrum being that I have and enjoy a few things that are just for traveling.

We added two trees this year, so far, two plum trees.  I give them 2 years until we get fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment