Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Limiting inputs and recycling

In an effort to limit what comes into the garden and what goes out of it I took some downed limbs from the property and fashioned handles for what was going thrown out.  the rake was found and that handle was put on a few years ago.  The shovel was going into a friends trash and I grabbed it.  A few days ago I fashioned a handle from a Maple limb that came down in the last storm.  They both have a nice feel to them and I like the way they look, knots and all.

local handles
I have also put handles on an axe head and a pick head, both of which I found buried in the ground.  the really great thing about these tools aside from my personal investment in them is that I have been able to make them fit my hands and use just so.  My rake is even ergonomically curved!

No comments:

Post a Comment